Ongoing Promotion

Kesayangan Beta

Monday, October 31, 2016

2016 Wilma Shana Backpacker Stories (This is Vietnam) Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Vietnamese
On our way to Bent Thant market, we walked pass the 23/9 Park. There were lots of Vietnamese in that park, some are just sitting in bench, there were a group of aunties zumba in the middle of the park, a group of teenagers some still with their school uniform playing Vietnamese traditional game, kicking the feather (sepak bulu tangkis) and etc... We stop there and I was excited looking at the aunties actively moves their body and at one point I wanted to join them and just get crazy but I’m not ready to show my crazily part of myself to that two gentlemen. They might think I don’t have any shame. While asking the Vietnamese girl about best place to visit, the two gentlemen were having fun joined the teenagers group playing the traditional game. The Vietnamese suggest that we should go to night market that would open at 8 until midnight, it just located next to Bent Thant market. She suggest us to shop there since the price more cheap compare to the price offer in the Bent Thanh Market. I ask her how to can we go to the Bitexco Tower and she suggest to take taxi since its far from here.
copy right: Wilma Shana

The day getting dark as we reach to the Bent Thanh Market, its close already and the street were very busy with people preparing to open their stall. Another culture shock, they were pulling their stall using their motorcycle while other hand in the motorcycle handle, the other hand and feet holding part of their stall in weird position. I never see this kind of situation in the night market in my country, our people just simple open up a table, an umbrella and set up their things out form their vans. Vietnamese really utilize their transportation as maximum as they can to run business.
copy right: Wilma Shana

We went to money changer to change money while the street getting crowded and we meet lots of Malaysian that night, no wonder some of the Vietnamese can speak Malay when doing business. They said Vietnam was like another heaven for shopper after Bandung, so a lots of Malaysia went to Vietnam to shop or buying bulk of cotton, telekung, baju kurung, sport shoes and tudung for their business. My goal that night was just want to try Vietnam’s coffee which many Malaysian has suggests to try.  They sell the coffee with their modified motorcycle that have box at the back of the motorcycle which is enough to carry their coffee stock and stuff to make the coffee. Its written “Halal Coffee” in the box and the motorcycle remind me of the motorcycle selling ice cream and fish ball every evening in my hometown. The ice coffee cost 15,000 dong and taste different from any coffee that I have drink before. It was tasty and the smell quite strong which is I like it.
copy right: Wilma Shana


After having a cup of Vietnam coffee, we walk to Malaysian Street where many Muslim restaurants located. It is still in the night market area and in this street I saw a lot of Malaysia shopping and having dinner in the restaurant. We choose to have our dinner at Restaurant Hajah Basirah. While scanning the menu, I was surprised with the price, everything is expensive. We choose to have simple dish with rice. I was disappointed with the foods taste with that kind of price, its bland but I couldn’t complaint more. Maybe Vietnamese cooking style doesn’t suit my taste but we are lucky being able to eat rice in foreign place. Well, I am typical Malaysian that couldn’t live without eating rice.

...to be continue..

..."I know how its feel to lost your handphone", I've lost my smartphone too when I was in vacation at Mabul Island, I exactly how its feel... We are quite lost, do we need to make a report or what?... He might wanna just get drunk tonight since he lost his smartphone..

No comments:

Post a Comment